离婚 Attorneys Dedicated to Protecting Your Rights
不幸的是,并不是所有 离婚 诉讼程序顺利进行. 最常见的问题之一涉及配偶 向合伙人和法庭隐瞒财产. 幸运的是,你 can use a legal tool called “discovery” to uncover these hidden assets.
If you suspect that your spouse has not been completely honest or is concealing property from you, be sure to work with a skilled hidden assets attorney 在台面. 爱德华兹团队 & 彼得森| PLC)有丰富的经验 in this area of 离婚 law – and we are ready to put our experience 为你和你在东谷的家人工作.
Spouses attempt to hide assets from one another for a variety of reasons, sometimes motivated by anger over an affair or other indiscretions. 当 it comes to marital property, most people think of the family home, savings 还有支票账户和退休基金.
However, these tangible assets are easy to discover and are hardly ever 被隐藏的资产.
Other types of property are often forgotten during 离婚 settlements, such as:
- Intellectual property such as copyrights, patents, and trademarks
- Security deposits for purchases such as storage units and rental property
If your spouse handled most of the financial affairs during your marriage, 你可能会被你的律师称为“外出配偶”. 这 term means you lack immediate access or knowledge of financial information, 而你的配偶有完全的权限. 如果是这种情况，你需要请求 copies of all financial records, preferably with the help of an experienced 离婚律师，知道该提什么要求.
The Arizona Rules of 家庭法 Procedure require all parties to disclose certain information, but also allow you to request other information and seek the court’s help if the other spouse fails to provide the information request.
Your attorney will use a legal process called “discovery” to gain access to the relevant information and documentation.
The process provides your legal team with several options, including:
- 要求文档: Your attorney can ask your spouse for documents such as loan applications, tax returns, account records, and financial statements.
- 检验: Your attorney can help you inspect property such as a wine collection or 保险箱.
- 写的问题: These are sometimes called “requests for admission” or “interrogatories.” By using these tools, your attorney can force your spouse to answer specific questions in writing or admit to certain statements you know are true.
- 证词宣誓: 这 involves you, your spouse, and your attorney appearing before a court 这就是所谓的"口供.”一位律师 会在宣誓后问你的配偶问题吗.
- 传票: 这 involves drafting a specific request to a third party, like a bank, 将文件和信息转交给您. 这种方法很花钱 and the non-party who you are seeking to provide information can charge 你回应传票的成本是合理的.
The discovery process is an excellent way to extract important information from a spouse who is otherwise refusing to cooperate, as the court has the power to compel an individual to comply with certain orders.
For instance, if your spouse is not giving you access to certain documents, 你可以要求法官签发法院命令. 如果你的配偶仍然拒绝 to provide the paperwork, an Arizona court can impose a sanction, which could consist of a fine and/or a judgment against your spouse on a certain issue.
If you suspect your spouse is being dishonest, a deposition is the ideal 获取信息的方式. 如果他/她在宣誓后撒谎，就可能被控作伪证 follow; in Arizona, perjury is a Class 4 felony carrying a minimum sentence 12个月的.
To help your attorney track concealed assets, you should:
- Gather as much financial information as you can, including mortgage amounts, tax returns, credit card bills, stock transaction reports, and bank statements.
- See if any real property or registered vehicles have been given as “gifts” by checking with local government agencies such as the Department of Motor 车辆和县评估办公室.
- Take note of your spouse’s job title changes, wage increases/decreases, 和已知的奖金.
- Look for bill overpayments, especially credit card statements, as this is a classic method of reducing the amount of fungible cash available 在离婚协议中.
If you are getting a 离婚 and you believe your spouse is hiding assets as a means of ensuring you do not receive your fair share, you will want an experienced 台面 hidden assets attorney by your side. 你的资产 locate during the discovery process could be substantial and have a major 会影响你未来的生活质量. 爱德华兹团队 & 彼得森 | PLC is committed to finding these assets and ensuring you get every piece of the marital property that you are entitled to.
We know that when you need legal help it is a scary time in your life. 这就是为什么在九州体育赛事| PLC) we'll be with you day and night to help you every step of the way.
当你雇佣爱德华兹时 & 彼得森|有限公司，整个团队都给你. Working as a team helps us to be able to come up with creative solutions to get our clients the best outcome.
你不仅仅是爱德华兹的档案号码 & 彼得森| PLC). We treat and fight for our clients like they are family.